Reading and writing are essential skills throughout life.
If these skills are not fluent, individuals are presented with daily challenges. This can be distressing and lead to a loss of confidence, or underachievement.
There can be many reasons, including dyslexia, for difficulties with reading and writing.
Dyslexia is a specific learning difficulty. It’s estimated that 1 in 10 people in the UK have some degree of dyslexia. Difficulties with memory, processing information, or literacy and numeracy skills also affect many people’s everyday lives.
If you have concerns about your child’s learning, or your own, SC Dyslexia can help. Advice and assessments for dyslexia and related learning difficulties are available. If tuition is required, an experienced tutor will deliver an individually tailored programme to meet each student’s unique needs and goals.
Services from SC Dyslexia
- Advice about difficulties with English and Maths
- Advice about dyslexia and related learning difficulties
- Specialist multi-sensory tuition from an experienced tutor
- Diagnostic assessment for dyslexia
- Assessment for Exam Access Arrangements
- Literacy Skills Screening
- Maths Skills Screening
- Key Stage 1 Screening