SC Dyslexia is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office and complies with the key principles of the Data Protection Act.
This means that personal information is:
- used fairly and lawfully
- used for limited, specifically stated purposes
- used in a way that is adequate, relevant and not excessive
- kept for no longer than is absolutely necessary
- handled according to people’s data protection rights
- kept safe and secure
- not transferred outside the European Economic Area without adequate protection
Why SC Dyslexia collects personal data
SC Dyslexia collects personal data for the purposes of the services that it provides. Families and individuals providing personal data consent to the use of that data by SC Dyslexia. It will be used for the purposes of teaching, assessing, for billing and fee collecting, and for contacting parents and students.